The Department of Human Services (DHS) required experienced resources (certified/qualified) and experienced subject matter experts to deliver a range of services within the Cyber Security Branch. The Cyber Security Branch has embarked on a program to re-develop its capability into a modern Security Operations Centre (SOC) in order to meet the challenges of operating in a modern online world.
DHS sought to have vendors assist in the delivery of key Cyber Security Branch priorities in line with Business plans. INDEX has been successful in providing the services to DHS including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the division meets high availability service deliverables particularly with respect to agreed Service Levels and/or Key Performance Indicators across the Division;
- Facilitating skills development of team members and mentor DHS staff and ensure knowledge transfer;
- Supporting the Division in its business planning;
- Providing facilitation and advice for Strategic planning requirements, budget processes, strategic risk processes and other key departmental activities;
- Meeting with appropriate executives to explore the strategic priorities, identify changes that may have an impact on current priorities; and
- Working collaboratively with CIO Group staff, engaging with them as required.
INDEX Consultants has provided qualified specialists to deliver the services, including:
- Managing relationships between business and ICT areas creating avenues for clear communication to ensure project delivery in line with the ICT Project Management Framework;
- Managing projects and contribute to individual and team capability to ensure delivery of business outcomes; and
- Ensuring that projects are delivered within agreed timeframes, scope and budget; providing project management advice to inform decisions at a more senior level, operating effectively in an environment of ongoing change and uncertainty, and using knowledge/skills to guide and mentor staff in developing their own skills.